Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Tofu-Cheesecake w/Home-made Blueberry Sauce *edited*


Bought a box of 1Kg Creamcheese and need to clear it cos I have used it for baking Cinnamon & Coffee Baked Cheesecake. So I tot of trying something I haven tried before, something that is simple to make cos school holiday ended. And my day is rather disrupted with going in and out of the Ouse sending and fetching my gal. 

With my failure in the Pierre Herme's macaron yesterday, I must make sure this cheesecake don't fail me. No-bake should be easy task so, please don't toy with my feelings! 

I googled a bit and decided to try this recipe from HappyHomeBaking. I have all the necessary ingredients and I am using the Silken Tube Tofu. =) I added an extra tablespoon of lemon juice cos I am worried about the raw tofu taste. And I tasted the Creamcheese before I put into the cake tin. Taste yummy, hint of lemon-y and not too cheesy. 


As for the crumb base, I mix digestive biscuits and Oreo biscuits. I wanna try and see how this combination will works. As for the crust, I did 1.5X of the recipe cos I like to have thick crust. Yum!!

I decided to make blueberry toppings for the cheesecake. I bought 2 boxes at $4.95 the other day. I read that blueberries will help to aid in my boy's constipation problem. Supposedly, blueberries, strawberries and some more that I can't remember.. So this is a good dessert for everyone.

Verdict: It definetely pass for myself as I like the tangy taste of the lemon juice in the cheesecake. And I simple love how it pair with the sweet sourish blueberry sauce. Nice~ And I can finish 1 whole slice without feeling sinful. But it doesn't really work for my hubby, he finds it average. Nonetheless, still should give it a try. 
No-bake Tofu Cheesecake (adapted from HappyHomeBaking)
250g Creamcheese
45g Unsalted Butter
150g Silken Tube Tofu
5 Tbsp Caster Sugar
5 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Gelatine
6 Tbsp Warn Water

75g Butter
Digestive & Oreo Biscuits, crushed

1) Melt butter and mix with crushed biscuits, remove filling from Oreos before crushing.. Press hard onto base of cake tin. Put into fridge for an hour. *I put in freezer while I prepare Creamcheese batter*
2) Beat butter, Creamcheese & tofu til smooth. Add in lemon juice & sugar. Mix well.
3) Sprinkle gelatin over 6Tbsp of warm water. Leave aside til it becomes cloudy. Stir and Sieve gelatin solution into Creamcheese batter, mix til incorporated.
4) Pour over crust and refrigerate overnight. Serve with Blueberry sauce on top of cake.

Blueberry Sauce
1 box Blueberry (NTUC)
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Water
1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Tbsp Cornflour

1) Wash blueberries, drain. Put blueberries and sugar to boil over low heat til sugar dissolves and blueberries gives out juice.
2) Stir lemon juice, water and cornflour together.
3) Taste blueberry sauce and add as per preference. Add cornstarch and mix well. Leave aside to cool before putting on cheesecake. 

No comments: