Sunday, September 9, 2012

Oreo Ice Cream Cake



I was racking my brain, thinking of either a chocolate related cake or a Oreo flavored one. Fatally saw this Oreo Cake from my friend''s blog and sort of decided on that. But a day of making the cake, an idea just came to my mind. How about a Oreo Ice Cream cake since I have been wanting to make one? Anyway it sounds like the best sugg.. 
I went to goggle for a good Oreo ice cream recipe but didn't really like what I found. Then I remembered about the home made chocolate ice cream from WokkingMum and decided to modify from there. 
I used my Cadbury white chocolate to replaced the milk chocolate and added Oreo bits to the ice cream. Yeah, it does taste somewhere there though not exactly the taste I want. So I used the same sponge recipe as the Orange Curd Cake and modify into Choc Oreo Sponge.


Chocolate Oreo Sponge Cake
80g Top Flour or Cake Flour
2 tbsp Cornstarch
3/4 tsp Double action baking powder
4 Large Egg yolks (use 5 if using medium size eggs)
20g Castor Sugar
50ml Milk
50 ml Corn Oil
1/2 tsp Ovalett (Optional)
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
100g Crushed Oreo crumbs without fillings
4 Large Egg whites (use 5 if using medium size eggs)
50g Castor sugar
1/8 tsp Cream of tartar
 
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl then add the wet ingredients.
Mix well into batter, do not over mix
Beat egg whites til foamy, add cream of tartar
Add sugar gradually and whipped til stiff peaks
Add 1/3 if egg whites into batter and mix well
Pour batter into remaining egg whites and fold gently
Pour into prepared tin (cut parchment paper for bottom only) and bake at 160deg for 40-50mins or til skewer comes out clean
 

Oreo Ice Cream (modified from WokkingMum)
200ml Whipping Cream
100ml Fresh Milk
55g Cooking Chocolate Chips **i used white chocolate
1 tablespoon Sugar or to taste **i didn't add
Crushed Oreo crumbs **i add up to the taste that I want

How to do it.
Prepare a pot of water and let it simmer.
Place whipping cream and fresh milk in a smaller pot.
Put the smaller pot over the simmering water and warm the cream and milk.
Add the chocolate chips into the warm milk and melt it, while still hold it over the simmering water.Keep stirring till all chocolate chips are melted and blended in with the milk.
Add sugar to taste and melt it.It will now look like thick chocolate milk.Pour the chocolate milk to your freezing ware.
Cool it before freezing.
Add Oreo crumbs when you bring out after 2hrs to stir them in

No comments: