Thursday, August 30, 2012

Traditional Baked Mooncakes (II)

before return oil

before return oil - close up

Here is the part 2 of my traditional Mooncake post. I tried out Christine recipe and did it without the glaze. It gives a light shade of brown which I believe it will darken a bit after 3 days when it return oil. Reason being, I seriously don't want to spoil the hello kitty flawless face again. =)
This time round, I mould them carefully and tried 1 with the milk tea paste I bought from Kwong Cheong Thye. Can't wait for 3 days already. I'm a super big fan of milk tea, bubble tea blah blah..
And this time I didn't halve since 12 seems the right amount of mooncakes for me to make but I only manage to make 10 mini mooncakes though the recipe says 12.
Traditional Baked Mooncakes ( Recipe from Christine)
100 gm plain flour
60 gm golden syrup
½ tsp alkaline water (aka lye water), available at Asian grocers
28 gm vegetable oil
1. Mix all wet ingredients together in a bowl
2. Weigh flour and make a well. Pour in wet ingredient and mix to a dough
3. Rest for 40mins before weighing dough into 20g
4. Wrap with ready-roll 20g paste and mould
5. Bake for 10mins, cool for 10mins
6. Brush with egg wash then return to bake for 10mins 
*i didn't egg wash them so I baked for 15mins for a darker tone

No comments: