Monday, June 25, 2012

My 1st own recipe for Bread!



Made a few attempts of Tangzhong method for bread and came up with my own recipe this time round. I decided to make my own recipe for Whole-grain bread and mix with Bread Flour & Plain Flour. Reason: Fear of too much protein for the older Bread Lovers at home. Above recipe yields 6 Heart-shaped Strawberry Puree Bread & 6 Hotdogs Rolls and a Mini Loaf of bread.
Ingredients
Tangzhong - 25ml Bread Flour + 125ml Milk (approx 100-120g TZ, i use all)

150g Bread Flour
100g Plain Flour
50g Whole-grain Flour
80g Milk Powder
30g Sugar
3/4tsp Yeast
1/8tsp Salt
100ml Milk
1 1/2Tbsp Butter

1) Make Tangzhong ahead and leave to cool a bit. (I use it warm)
2) Mix all dry ingredients, then slowly add in milk til dough starts to form
3) Add in butter last and mix til a soft elastic and non-sticky dough
4) Proof for 1 hour or double in size
5) Shape dough and wrap with your filling of choice, or make into loaf
6) Proof another 1 hour or doubled
7) Bake at 30mins at 190deg. (For both my assorted buns and mini loaf)

Happy baking!!

No comments: